Sunday 1 February 2015

Welcome to will & bea design studio!


The motto of will & bea design studio is: Fresh, modern fabric and projects for people who love to sew. And the crazy woman behind this business is me, Sandy Coutts Sutherland, and this fabric and design shop is my little piece of heaven! It's "under-construction" still, so I hope you will be patient while I learn all the ropes and jump through all the hoops of our social networks! The only way this business will be successful (and I really, really want to be successful!) is with your encouragement and participation. What do I mean by that? Let me know which fabric you really love that you'd like to see me stock. That is really important because although I know what I like, I don't know what you really want -- I'm just guessing and I've been wrong before! 



I named my business after two of my all-time favourite designers, artists, writers, and early environmentalists, William Morris and Beatrix Potter. I am taking great liberties with their names, and to be honest, I'm not sure they'd like it at all! However, since they were both modest, unassuming people, maybe they'd be pleased they are still remembered and revered. I'd like to think that, anyway. For more information about these remarkable people, please check out my Pinterest page for photos of them, their designs, and their legacies: www.pinterest.com/willandbeads/.

Quilting really caught my attention when I saw what was being produced by what are now called "modern" quilt-makers. I find this design movement so exciting! I will spread my attention around a little when it comes to fabric and design so don't be surprised to see lots of retro designs thrown in for good measure. Scrappy quilts are so exciting visually and so much fun to make, I wouldn't even consider over-looking the bright, fanciful fabrics that make them glow. If Rita Hodge at Red Pepper Quilts can mash all these design styles together and make drop-dead gorgeous quilts, I am not going to say it doesn't work!


 Inspiration: the ladies and their quilts from Gee's Bend, Alabama

Because this is a Canadian business, when you buy fabric from will & bea design studio, Canadian customers can expect the total cost you see to be the price you pay, with no further duties, exchange rates or other surprises! And, expect to receive the package in a few days and not wait weeks and weeks. I am going to assume you are like me, and when I want to sew -- well, to I want to sew! And if I need something special to complete a project, I am impatient to wait. You know what I mean -- I get those twitchy fingers aching for something to do. So I am going to try awfully hard to find fabrics that you are going to love!


 My kind of crazy!

While I get my act together here, if you see fabric you want to purchase simply email me at willandbeadesignstudio at gmail dot com and we can arrange shipping, and payment via e-transfer. Easy as can be!

I hope you will continue to drop-by will & bea design studio for drop-dead gorgeous, fun, surprising, cute, retro, and delightful fabric you will want to have! Because that is why I am doing this. Pretty wonderful, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment